Finnish Freight Forwarding and Logistics Association (FIFFLA)
The purpose of the Association is to improve conditions for members operating in Finland in the freight forwarding and logistics service business and to increase recognition and appreciation of the industry. The Association provides information and training, promotes co-operation and monitors the interests of the industry in business and labour market policy matters.
To achieve its goals, the Association:
- monitors domestic and international developments in the field and related legislation;
- implements initiatives and proposals and makes statements;
- creates and maintains contacts with interest groups in field-related matters;
- represents the industry in domestic and international organisations and in co-operative and preparatory bodies;
- promotes research in the field, compiles statistics and survey results;
- monitors working conditions in the industry and nurtures co-operation between its members and their employees;
- works to prevent labour disputes and resolve disagreements between its members and their employees, and supports and assists its members during disputes;
- negotiates collective labour agreements in the industry and takes part in developing other agreements;
- provides training and advice for its members and helps them to apply to regulations and related agreements in the industry.
The Association has around 65 member companies, which together take care of a major part of the transportation related to Finnish export and import and warehousing and logistics services linked to export and import.
The Finnish Freight Forwarding and Logistics Association is a member of the Confederation of Finnish Industries EK and its affiliated Service Sector Employers Palta.
The Association also represents its members in FIATA (the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations), in CLECAT (European association for forwarding, transport, logistics and customs services) and in the Nordic Association of Freight Forwarders.
In Finnish the Association uses the name “Suomen Huolinta- ja Logistiikkaliitto ry” (SHLL).